Saturday 15 September 2018

Demonstration at Avon and Bristol Woodturners

I was very pleased to be invited to demonstrate at Avon and Bristol Woodturners in July this year. I demonstrated deep hollowing and made a scorched, verdigris vase. As usual, the demonstration was carried out "Blue Peter" style as I find this the most successful way for me. Once hollowed, the outside the of the vase is fairly heavily scorched. Rather than carry out this procedure in the demonstration room, I did it outside in the garden area during the break. At home, I always scorch outside for health and safety reasons.

I would like to thank the club for making me very welcome and I was so pleased when several club members came up to me at Yandles show last week to say how much they enjoyed the evening!

Here is a link to the August club newsletter with a write-up of the evening. http://www.avon-and-bristol-woodturners.org.uk/turnings201808.pdf.
The photo below was taken from the newsletter.


No comments: